Thursday, April 21, 2011

Then and Now...

Then (7 years ago today):


Today:

B age 7, Mom 32 weeks pregnant

Then (7 years ago today):

Now:

B on turning 7:

* He thought he should have a noticeable growth spurt over night. B:"Will I grow when I turn 7." Austin: "Yes, you'll grow more when you are 7." B: "No, I mean tomorrow will I be bigger then I am today?" Austin: "No, it won't happen overnight." There's nothing like crushing your kid's dreams with reality on the eve of his birthday.

*This morning while getting dressed he told me that his clothes should now be a size 7T. I had to tell him that his clothes haven't been a "T" in a long time. (Although he can still wear his 4T shorts).

*At breakfast B informed us, "I am an odd number now. Hey, I'm the only odd number in the family. Well, at least until Mase turns 5."


I need to record what we did today, so I'll be able to remember tomorrow. I'm not kidding, this pregnancy is killing my few remaining brain cells. For example, tonight I packed B's lunch, including yogurt and ham. Later, I looked in the fridge and wondered where his lunch was because I KNEW I had packed it. Thankfully, after looking all around the kitchen I discovered it in his backpack. How gross would that have been tomorrow?! Anyway, so I'll remember his 7th b-day here is what we did:

It was business as usually most of the day. School for B, work for Dad, SonShine school for Mom and Mase, appointment with OB for mom (fun to see the doc who delivered B 7 years ago today), B playing with BFF, Cole, after school, Bible study for Mom after dinner. Because Mase's soccer practice was canceled, we were able to squeeze in B's requested birthday dinner of Pan Cakes. B invited Grammy, Pap, and Emmy to dinner. He also kindly invited Cole's family for dinner (I had to kindly uninvited them since we were pressed for time and I didn't have enough food). B opened presents at the kitchen table while I cooked the pan cakes. Then we all scarfed down dinner so Pap could take B to the golf course for the 1st time before the sun set. I left the dishes to Grammy and Austin and headed to Bible study. A very full day, but all in all a wonderful day. We will have B's friend party on Saturday. Hopefully, I'll remember to take the camera to the party and then remember to use it. ; )


Unfortunately those are the best pics of B and me in the hospital when he was born. I think we did better with Mase. Baby #3 may not have any pictures, at least I hear that's how it works. ; )

2 comments:

REIchou said...

I'll make sure baby # 3 will have pictures! we second and third born have to stick together :)

Lesley said...

yep my third probably has the most pics! :) i love how you uninvited your friends! Happy Bday Braden!!