Thursday, September 8, 2011

Molly goes to school!

3 months is so grown up! She was off to school today. It was not so easy for me to leave this sweet baby girl in her very own class at SonShine School even though I teach just upstairs. I haven't even put her in Bible class yet.

She had a great day despite not really taking any naps. Her brothers started school a few weeks ago, but that's old news since there's a baby in the house.

Mase is off to Pre-K this year with the best teacher ever. He loves it. When I picked him up on Day 1 he told me that school wasn't long enough. Everyday I ask him, "What was the best thing about school today?" 4 out of 5 days he will say the snack center. His class got a new smart board last week and his teacher was having trouble getting it to work. Apparently Mase walked up to the board and said, "This is how you do it." He got it working. At car pool his teacher asked if Mase had ever worked with a smart board before. Smart boards are a new thing for Mase, but he's good at anything that has a screen and he can't even read yet.

B is in 2nd grade this year. There are 2 things that shock me almost everyday. One, my baby is in 2nd grade, doing things that second graders do. Reading, making his own friends, etc... And two, I have a baby. You'd think after 3 months I'd be used to having her around. When I ask B, "What's the best thing that happened today?" he almost always says recess. Although the other day the new game they learned in PE turned out to be the best thing. I love when he explains the rules to a "new" game. I just pretend I've never heard of or played capture the flag.

No comments: