Friday, November 9, 2007

Adenoidectomy

Our day started at 4:30 this morning when we woke up to take Mase to the hospital. We had to check in at 5:45 and his surgery was around 7. Mase was pretty mad about the whole ordeal. In pre-op he was mad that he had to wear a hospital gown and a bracelet. He was also angry that I wouldn't let him dig through my bag for his food and drink (he couldn't have anything pre-surgery). The nurse gave him a sedative and he was very peaceful once that took affect. He was actually high as a kite. He was sitting up and then he started slumping over. I ended up having to hold him up. Austin and I were laughing at him and taking pictures, of course. ; ) The surgery was routine and went as expected. In the recovery room Mase puked on me twice, his IV kept backing up, and he cried for about 45 minutes. I left the hospital wearing Austin's undershirt. Mase was pretty much back to normal when he woke up from his nap this afternoon. Now, we are just supposed to keep him calm for the next 1-3 weeks (right!). I've heard the next step in the recovery process is horrid breath that last for 2 weeks. Hopefully that will clear up before Thanksgiving!
After the sedative you can see I was holding him up.

B got to spend the night with Grammy and Pap last night so he wouldn't have to get up before dawn. I packed 3 pair of underwear so he could have a choice (and in case of an accident). Well B told Pap that he was staying with them for 3 days because I packed 3 pair of underwear! Fine we me if they keep him for 3 days. However, he is on his way home as I type.








1 comment:

Lesley said...

Hi Mandy! I just found your blog!! The boys are so cute!