Thursday, November 5, 2009

Just Something I Want To Remember

Today was the first time B gave 'our' phone number to a friend. The phone number I taught B is MY cell number. I figured if we were apart and he needed to call me, he'd have better luck with my cell. Anyway, he gave 'our/his' phone number to a friend at school. This friend, David, called 3 times in 2 hours while I was at SonShine School. The first time he left a message that I couldn't understand, the next 2 times I answered. He just asked if B was there and I said no. So as we are driving home from SSS B says, "I gave 'our' phone number to my friend, David, today." I asked why, and B told me that David asked for it so he wrote it down for him. I've told B not to give out our number again without asking first. Now, after over hearing an older girl at the park ask our friend K her address I'll be having a safety talk with B. He doesn't need to be giving out our address either. It's a good thing he doesn't know his ssn or our credit card numbers! : )
Now, Dad, aren't you glad the first number I taught B wasn't your cell number like you wanted. You could be getting multiple hard to understand phone calls from a kindergartner.
Fun times, Kindergarten. I'm sure it only gets better from here.

p.s. I know I haven't posted Chicago pictures or Halloween pictures, but I will. Eventually. Before Christmas, I promise...

3 comments:

Lesley said...

I was just thinking that today, that Canton's friends will probably start calling him on my cell phone soon....

Kayla said...

That is why I haven't taught Avery her address or phone number even though I'm supposed to!

jenn b said...

Yeah, did you hear me telling those girls we live on the other side of town, they couldn't ride their bikes to our house anyway! Ugh! Sometimes I'm glad K hasn't memorized that stuff yet!