Saturday, January 30, 2010

Iced in Project

We've had paint samples on our bedroom wall for months. For some crazy reason I thought this weekend would be a good time to paint. Never mind that Austin is out of town. I rushed to Home Depot after church on Wed. night to buy supplies before the ice/snow moved in.
I was able to move all our bedroom furniture by myself. Yesterday, I was able to paint the entire 1st coat and do a second coat around the windows. We've had a peeping tom in the neighborhood so sleeping without blinds was NOT an option! Today, my cousin Valarie came to help me finish. I am so glad she did! Everything is painted, the mess is cleaned up, and everything is back where it belongs. Here are the pictures of the painting process.
Before:


During:

end of Day 1:

After:


Don't ask me what the rest of the house looks like. The 3 year old and 5 year old have had free reign of the whole house for 2 whole days. Never ending TV and unsupervised kitchen access is never has a good outcome.

4 comments:

Lesley said...

I love the color! It looks beautiful!

Summer said...

it looks great. who cares about the kids when you have been inspired to decorate (at least that's my philosophy).

Kayla said...

My favorite of your samples was the one you chose! Love blue!

Traci Nyberg said...

Oh, I love it! It looks so calming and peaceful! Sure you need that ;)