Saturday, February 6, 2010

Poop in the vent, as told by Austin

This is an e-mail Austin sent to his friends following a poop situation at our house earlier this week.

"You guys might think this is funny. I should have taken a picture of it, but was too taken aback. B came out to the living room last night around 10:30 and stated that it smelled like Mase was poopy. So, Mandy and I go in there and Mase is naked. There is a clean but used pull-up on the floor, poop on his rear, and some small amounts of poop on paper he had used for drawing earlier. He had obviously used the paper for wiping. The great mystery was the location of the poop. We couldn't find it anywhere in the room. So we asked Mase, and after hem-hawing around for a while he walks over to the floor vent and points. Mandy dry heaves as I pull the grille off, and sure enough there's a big pile of poop at the bottom of the vent box! The funniest part was when Mandy asked Mase to demonstrate how he did it and he walked over there and popped a squat right over the vent. I guess he's fully potty trained if he'll go in his vent before going in a pull-up. I guess we also can't lock him in his room at bedtime anymore either...
AW"

Austin neglects to tell you that we laughed so hard we cried, and I dry heaved multiple times while he cleaned the vent. Clean-up involved a lot of plastic Wal-Mart sacks, paper towels, and Clorox wipes. It was NASTY. I have no idea what I would have done if Austin was out of town. Perhaps I would have turned off the heat and waited for his return bundled up in front of the fire place. No, I'm sure I would have 'man-ed up' and cleaned it myself although that would have also involved vomit. Mase assures us that he made a bad choice and he will never poop (or pee) in his vent again.

5 comments:

Kayla said...

How do you do it. I don't think I could!

Jeanette said...

You know in lots and lots of countries a toilet IS a hole in the ground (affectionately called squatty potties), so maybe he is in the wrong country!

Elizabeth Mullins said...

Wow! Is all I can say! I would have vomitted too if that happened to us, but I guess I shouldn't speak too soon...we still have one more to potty train!

Summer said...

This story was told by Scott at lunch today at Johnnies. Unreal.

Alyssa said...

Poop in the vent - this story will be told at his high school graduation and rehersal dinner.