Monday, March 8, 2010

The story of B's first loose tooth

It was Wednesday, February 10th and we were getting in the car to head to church when B said matter of factly, "My tooth just moved." I remember the date because it is a day I journaled about. A day for me to reflect upon years from now when I am depressed and lonely in my empty nest. A journal entry that will pull me out of a future pit and remind me that being a stay at home mom wasn't all rainbows and roses. Not even close. In just a short 3 hours that afternoon Mase had colored on the entry way rug with a red dry erase marker (thanks for sending that home MRCC), colored on the kitchen table with black crayon, and pushed B so hard he fell and hit is ear on the door jam. B's ear was swollen and red.
A few days after B's 'tooth moved' I noticed that the new tooth was already coming in behind the old tooth. I told him to start wiggling the old tooth all the time, or I'd take him to the dentist to have it pulled. He wiggled like crazy for a few days and ate all the apples and carrots he could get his hands on. We had dinner at Aunt Jacque and Uncle Dean's house one evening. While there the cousins were playing a bit rough and some how B's tooth was almost knocked out. He cried and cried and cried and there was some blood. The only thing that would fix it was a wet paper towel. He fell asleep that night with the paper towel in his mouth, and insisted on taking one to school the next morning. We spent a couple days with the tooth barely hanging on. B refused to eat things and sucked yogurt thru a straw for breakfast. FINALLY on Friday, March 5th 2010 B's first tooth came out.
He was drinking milk for breakfast and it just came out. I'm so glad that he didn't swallow it! B made several phone calls on the way to school to spread the word. That night the Tooth Fairy visited our house for the first of many visits to come. She left B $5 and a new Batman toothbrush.

No comments: