Monday, June 14, 2010

From beaches to floods

My view for the past 4 days, Cancun Mexico.
This group of girls was SO FUN. We had a wonderful time and are already talking about next year's trip! I can't wait.
Brooke and I went para sailing. The worst part was riding a wave runner from the beach out to the boat. The waves were super high and I thought I was going to fly right off the back of the wave runner.

Our last night. : (
We got home late last night. I woke up this morning to crazy thunderstorms. We've had somewhere between 7-9 inches of rain in 7 hours. It cleared up for a while so Holly and I took the boys on a walk to see the creek. The sky opened up again right when we got to the creek. By the time we got home we were soaked! Great fun for those of us age 6 and under.
The creek going under Coltrane.
The soccer fields across Coltrane from our neighborhood.

Soaking wet kids.

Pour Gentry. She didn't cry, but I'm sure she thought we were crazy.

The kids came in, stripped in the laundry room, and threw their clothes right in the dryer.
I woke up this morning wishing I was still at the beach. People cooked for me, cleared my dishes, served me cold drinks, and gave me fresh towels. Then B snuggled up to me and asked me to pray with him. He said a prayer for all the rescue workers who were out in the storm helping people. Melted my heart and made me thankful for home. Now, if I could just get someone to do my laundry.

No comments: