
It is amazing what one can accomplish when he devotes an entire Sunday afternoon to racing. Until today, B has never finished higher then 10th. We all started the afternoon by watching the Indy race in Iowa, the Iowa Corn 250. 100 laps into the race I decided I needed a nap. The first time B interrupted my nap was to tell me that the race was over and Tony Kaanan was the winner. The next time he woke me up was to tell me that Nascar wasn't on and he wanted to play the Wii. I was awakened once again to learn that B had finished 6th in a Mario Kart Wii race, his best finish ever. I think he woke me up once more with a 2nd or 3rd place finish. When he ran in my room yelling that he had finished 1st I decided I should give up on the nap. I ran out to grab a pizza for dinner (I cooked Father's Day lunch), when I got home B had won a Grand Prix, 4 races in a row.
Yes, he has spent countless hours in front of the TV playing a video game today, and I'm choosing to justify this total laps in parenting. Justification: B goes weeks, months even, without playing a single video game. I don't have to fight to impose a 30 minute or 1 hour daily time limit on all things electronic. The way I see it, he just used all his Wii time for the month. After today, I'm sure the fight to limit video game time will begin. He's caught the racing fever!
Mase has finished every single race in last place. He doesn't seem to mind, and he hasn't given up.
As for Father's Day, Austin is enjoying an evening of play Mario Kart with his 2 favorite boys.
1 comment:
that is not true, yesterday while taking a nap on the couch I woke up to watch the boys and Mase finished 5th, 6th or 7th in some races. He got frustrated at one point so I helped him out and together we did better.
Post a Comment