When the team calf roping started:
B: "Mom, has Will Rogers already died?" Me: "Yes"
B: "Mom, does that hurt the cow?" Me: "No, he isn't mooing or anything." (I might have been lying, I have no idea)
B: "Mom, does that rope around the cow's neck hurt?" Me: "No" (once again, a possible lie)
When the between event entertainment was a guy doing tricks with a rope:
B: "Is that what Will Rogers did?" Me: "Yes"
When a horse tripped over it's reins, did a somersault and just laid there (Austin and I thought it possibly broke it's neck): B: "Mom, what is that tractor with the sled for?" Me: "The horse is hurt. The tractor is like an ambulance for the horse." Thankfully, after what seemed like forever, and me praying they didn't put the horse down right there on the arena floor, the horse got up and trotted out of the ring.
When the calf roping/tying started:
B: "Mom, is that hurting the cow?" Me: "No" (maybe a lie?)
B: "Is that as big as that cow is going to get?" Me: "No, that is just a calf. A baby cow."
B: "Does it hurt the cow's feet when they tie them like that?" Me: "No."
B: "Does it hurt the cow when the horse pulls it around?" Me: "Maybe a little"
When the bull riding started:
B: "Is a bull related to a horse?" Me: "No, a bull is a boy cow."
B: "Why are they tying their hand to a bull?" Me: "Because they are nuts."
The only question Mase asked:
"Can I eat the ice cream, does it have milk?" Me: "No, baby, you can't eat the ice cream."
9 months ago
2 comments:
I refuse to go to rodeos for all of those reasons. I have never understood why they have to rope calves for show, wrestle animals to the ground, and watch horses being carted off on stretchers. It's just too much for me.
Now Monster truck rallys I can do.
I've never understood why people like getting thrown like rag dolls by bulls? I wonder if these people can even walk when they hit 50 years old. I think it would be fun to watch though!!
Post a Comment