I wasn't going to be the parent who neglected documenting the 3rd child's life. Well, I AM THAT PARENT. Her baby book isn't finished and I haven't updated this blog in almost a year. I'm updating now so in 30 years when she says, "Mom when did I..." I'll maybe be able to find the answer.
Molly,
I can't remember how old you were when you started walking. I know it was during the playoffs and the Thunder were on TV. You started speaking in complete sentences at the ripe old age of 20 months although I don't remember what your first word was or when you said it. I also do not remember your first complete sentence. You refer to both of your brothers as Mason. We aren't sure if you think this is the word for brother, if Mase is your favorite, or if Braden is just too hard to say. You are in a phase where you start 9 out of 10 sentences with the words "I need..." For example, "I need milk cup." "I need water." "I need hold you." "I need my Holly." "I need sucker." etc...
You took up the paci at the age of 17 or 18 months. Really you are just a follower and your best friend takes a paci. Being the 3rd child you are, when you asked for a paci I just dug around in a drawer until I found one you had refused to take as a new born, and I gave it to you.
You climbed out of your pack-n-play at Brook's house when you were 20 months old. You soon figured out that you could also climb out of your crib. However, you must have hurt or scared yourself because you have only done it once. You climbed out of the pack-n-play several times and made big messes when you were supposed to be napping, but you have stopped doing that as well.
You are very independent. You push chairs around the kitchen and climb up onto counters to help yourself to whatever you think you "need". We have locks on both top and bottom pantry doors.
When you and Mom were in FL, you walked on the beach barefooted, but after being picked up by Mimi you refused to put your feet in the sand.
Like your brothers, you are a tiny little person. You are almost 2 but you still face backwards in your car seat. You'll get to turn around soon, I promise. We add Carnation Instant Breakfast to your milk to try to pack on the pounds. You are healthy and growing, just tiny.
Being the 3rd child does come with perks. You had your own trick-or-treat bag and were allowed to steal candy out of your brothers' bags on Halloween night before bed. When you flew with Mom to FL to see Mimi instead of giving you something to drink so your ears wouldn't bother you I just gave you dumdum suckers. You ate 8 in one day. Your brothers NEVER got to do this, I assure you. You just walked into the room where I am writing this blog post and said, "I need more candy." Your Dad answered, "I left some on the counter down there. Just go get it." Not all the perks involve candy. You have been rocked to sleep every night of your life and will continue to be until we no longer fit in the chair together. This could get embarrassing for you. Another perk is being allowed to play with Mom's iPhone and iPad. I never handed my phone over to your brothers and let them have free reign. You have moved and deleted apps, yet I still give you my phone whenever you ask.
One area where you have not been neglected is picture taking. Most of the pictures have been taken with a cell phone, but I'm pretty sure we have more pictures of you than both of your brothers combined. We love you dearly little sissy!
Love,
Mom
In keeping with the theme of neglect, I do not have a picture to accompany this post.
11 months ago
1 comment:
Maybe it would help to add a picture of her on your blog page. Right now it looks like you still only have two kids!
Post a Comment