Friday, November 1, 2013

More stuff to remember about Molly

She decided all on her own to stop sleeping in her crib.  Monday night, Oct. 28th she would not stay in the crib.  She was crying and flipping out every time I put her in bed and left the room.  She was crying, "Come to my room Baden.  Come get me Mase." Then she would climb out and we'd put her back.  Once we found her in bed with Braden and neither one of them were able to sleep.  At 10PM, I finally laid down with her in the double bed in her room.  At 10:45 she was still arranging pillows and talking to stuffed animals.  I told her that I had to go to bed and that I'd see her in the morning.  All she said was, "night Mama".  I checked on her a few minutes later and she was sound asleep.  The next night I rocked her to sleep and as I was laying her in the crib she startled awake and said, "Not dis bed!".  She's been sleep in the big bed ever since without any problems.  I don't even have a bed rail to keep her from falling out.  Now we just need to find the time to take the crib down and return it to my aunt who let us borrow it 9 years ago.
Molly also says the funniest things, at least they are funny coming out of a 2 year old's mouth.  She won't be funny for long, I promise.  When she doesn't like what you are doing or doesn't get her way she forcefully says, "I'm the baby!"  This is completely my fault.   The past 2 years have been filled with me saying, "Just give the baby what she wants." Or, when asked why Molly gets to watch TV on school night my answer has been, "Because she's the baby." 
When you are holding her and she wants down she says, "Stop touching me."  She is very polite and almost always remembers to say "Thank you".  She is also very quick to apologize when she realizes her actions are not going to benefit her the ways she had hoped.  "I sorry mama."
We do have other children!  On Oct. 25th Braden tested for his yellow/orange belt in mixed martial arts.  It was fun to watch and we were very proud of him.  Mase is about to wrap up his first season of flag football.  As is always the case, he has a blast while at practice and games, but he never wants to go to practice or games when it's time. 

No comments: