The day we rented B's skis he insisted on skiing up and down the driveway. We rented the helmet and goggles as well. He wore them all the way home from the store. He wanted to wear his ski boots into the grocery store, but we talked him out of it. What kind of crazy person wants to walk around in ski boots! Anyway, it is quite a workout to guide him down the driveway and then push him back up to the top. Especially at the high altitude. Austin had the privilege the first day, pre-ski school. I got to do it the day after ski school. I think I got the better end of the deal. While we made about 15 runs up and down the drive way at least he could ski down without much guidance. Notice Austin is holding him up by his ski bib and I just had to lightly hold his hood. He didn't even want me doing that. "Mom, I can do it all by myself."
Several people need to be thanked for making this trip such a success for B. First of all, I couldn't have gotten him on and off the lift without Kyle and Scott. It had snowed the night before and Austin went out early to take advantage of the fresh powder. By the time we got to the slops I was supposed to meet my family at the top (kind of) of peak 8. Scott and Kyle got B on and off the lift and even skied with him for me. Also, Kirk and Jacob guided B down the mountain multiple ways. They played catch by having B "pizza" to them. Kirk would get B pointed in the right direction and have him snowplow down hill to Jacob. Then Jacob would point him in the right direction and have B snow plow (pizza) to Kirk. B didn't care for this too much. Then they used the harness to ski. That worked much better once Jacob taught B to keep his hands on his knees. Before that he was leaning back to much and falling. On the steeper parts they would just pick B up and ski down holding him. This was B's favorite part, "When Uncle Kirk picked me up and skied fast down the mountain."
1 comment:
Looks like you all had fun! Great pics!
Post a Comment