Thursday, April 3, 2008

The writing on the WALL

So B and I were sitting at the kitchen table. He was making a card for Austin's B-day and I was probably blog stalking. He says, "Mom, I got that marker from my closet and I wrote my name. I wrote my name on my wall, door, dresser, bed, and toys." I calmly reply, "I think you need to show me what you are talking about."
I don't know what I was thinking leaving a Sharpie on the TOP shelf of a LOCKED closet in B's room. I use it to write on boxes when I pack their clothes way. As you can see, he got the closet unlocked and pushed a book shelf over there to climb on and reach the marker.
We are very thankful for Magic Erasers. We got the marker off everything except the wall. I'll just have to repaint. Fun, I'll do that in my spare time. ;) Yes, I made B scrub the walls with me. He did the closet door while I did everything else.
After seeing the symbols he was using to write his name I decided we should practice with actual letters. The driveway with chalk is a much better place to write names! I think he did a pretty good job copying the letters I wrote.

3 comments:

Gena said...

Yeah, those symbols look sort of alien-like. Very creative, I must say. It's nice to know our almost 4 year olds are still honest enough to rat themselves out.

The Seat House said...

Hey, Gabe is going to miss Tues. too. We are still out of town. He is dying to know what the animal friend is going to be though. I told him I would find out!

The Seat House said...

Okay~ thanks! Gabe misses you all too!