B's first day of school started out dreary. He was cold so I gave him the jacket (unusual for August). We barely made it to school on time. He lined up with his class and walked into his room. He found his cubby and hung up his backpack. The kids sat in a circle and sang a song then Mrs. Potter read "The Kissing Hand", a real tear jerker, but I didn't cry. ; ) Then the parents gave their kids a kiss on the hand and B kissed me on the hand and I left. He is so excited, however he did have a deer in the headlights look.
I still haven't gotten emotional but I did have a moment of awe as I drove away. I can't believe that my baby is old enough to go to school. There's no going back, he's out there in the 'real world' for the rest of his life. Last night I told him that today would be the first day of the rest of his life. That saying if always meaningful, but today truly is the first day of the rest of his life (at least the first day of the next 14 years).
I'll post later with stories from the 1st day. If I can get him to tell me about it!

2 comments:
Thanks for making ME get emotional and teary-eyed. I am soooo not ready for "this day" next year. You are a strong woman!
He is so cute! Growing up so fast! I changed my blog site to: mayandjae.blogspot.com
Post a Comment