Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A lot of catching up to do...

Mase had surgery for a 2nd set of tubes in early May. He did much better this go around. They didn't have to give him a sedative in the waiting room. He was content to watch his DVD. He was called a girl by 2 different people so we got his hair cut the next week.
We had to move the stickers from his PJs too his hospital gown before surgery.

Funny story about me mowing the yard. It was a beautiful evening and I was sitting is a chair watching the boys play while Austin was mowing. After he mowed most of the yard I came up with a beneficial (for me) swap of chores. He could take the kids in, bathe them, and put them to bed while I finished mowing the yard. B over heard me telling Austin and said, "Girls can't mow!" That settled it, I had to show B that girls can, indeed, mow. Austin said that as soon as I start pushing the mower B started laughing like crazy. This also reminded me of a story Austin's mom told me. When Austin was little, Mona stayed home with him. They were reading a book and Mona asked Austin what he wanted to be when he grew up. Then Mona said something like, "I wonder what I should be?" Austin sat straight up on the bed and said, "Womens don't do nothing!" What is it with boys in this family underestimating the ability of their mamas?
Up until then I had only ever mowed once. Now I've mowed 3 times. I want to know, when is Austin going to start doing the laundry?!

THANK YOU Grammy for the Batman capes. Thank you for making them over 25 years ago, when my Mom was little, and keeping them all this time just for me!!! As you can see, I love it.
Stay tuned, more updates to come. Coming soon: SonShine School program, Clyde Howell program, Tough a Truck, and a quick trip to KS.



1 comment:

Jeanette said...

i took over mowing last summer... but nothing to do with Oliver's role perception problems it was much more to do with the fact that mowing counts as working out ;)