Monday, September 14, 2009

1st Day of School (4 weeks late) and Soccer

B's Kindergarten year got off to a rocky start for several reasons:
1. The 1st day, I set the alarm clock, but didn't turn it on, so we woke up late. B was about 5 minutes late and I had to walk him in.
2. It was a rainy first day of school!
3. After 2 weeks I knew I didn't want B to stay in his original class. I disagreed with the teacher's old school ways. I could tell B didn't like school, but he never complained. After spending all day talking to various public school employees, B was moved to a more age appropriate class. He loves it and there was an instant change in his attitude.
Even though we were late, we took time to snap the yearly 1st day pic by the front door. Notice the umbrella at the top of the picture.
I need to take a moment to apologize to Mase, the 2nd child. Just last week Mase started his 4th year at SonShine School. I did not take a single picture of this day. Sorry Mase, I do love you.

Soccer!
B wanted to play soccer this year. We were brushing teeth one evening and B said, "I should probably start practicing my soccer."
I responded with a confused, "What?!"
B: "I should start practicing my soccer."
Me: "You want to play soccer?"
B "Yeah."
I knew I'd missed the sign-up deadline, but found out that as long as you are willing to empty your bank account you can sign-up late.
B is on a team with kids from our church, and his coach is one of our friends. B had a great time at his first game. At first he did a lot of standing around, but he caught on quickly that you are supposed to run to the ball with all the other 5 year olds. He kicked the ball a few times, but didn't score any goals. I'm not even sure who won the game. We scored some goals, the other team scored some goals and we all left happy.
Go Monkeys!
Kicking the ball.
After game snack and juice!

1 comment:

Gena said...

I love the phrase 'willing to empty your bank account.' That's so true, isn't it?