Monday, September 21, 2009

Cheated!

I am being CHEATED! The last time I went to the grocery store I could only find a 20 pack of Dr. Pepper, no 24 packs to be had. The real kicker, the 20 pack cost the same as the desired 24 pack. It wasn't just Dr. Pepper, it was all soft drinks.
Now this:
My new toilet paper roll is 1/2 inch shorter then my old one! Once I noticed the discrepancy, I checked the package. Quilted Northern said nothing on their package about changing the size of the roll. I thought I was buying the same thing I always buy, 12 Double Rolls= 24 Rolls.
I know the economy is bad, but it really makes me mad when companies short the consumer. I think I'll be writing a couple of letters today. (Anything to get out of doing laundry)
Have you noticed being short changed recently?

5 comments:

Christi said...

Yes! I noticed the 20 pack diet coke a couple of weeks ago. I felt cheated as well.

Kayla said...

I have not noticed yet! Wes did say he thought his pei wei yesterday had less chicken though! I am just not observant.

Summer said...

Yes! The peanutbutter jar is the same size but on the bottom of the new jars it is concave and the old jar was flat. it's several ounces laess. so mad!

jenn b said...

OK, funny that you wrote about this today! I just was making our veggie pizza for tomorrow and opened up a brand new bag of frozen broccoli only to find it was actually a bag full of broccoli remains! Meaning stems and 6...yes only 6 actual florets! I took a picture of the bowlful of stems and my scant handful of florets and they will be hearing from me. And, this was even BirdsEye not some generic store brand that I might've expected it from!
I hadn't seen the 20 packs of pop yet. Annoying!

Heather said...

I was on the phone with my aunt while I was grocery shopping the other day and let her know how upset I was about the stinky 20 pack--same price as a 24 pack used to be of my faveorite Diet Dr. Pepper!! How frustrating!!!
I agree with you Mandy--maybe we all need to write a few letters. (and get out of doing some laundry!)