
Today we took a picnic lunch (Taco Beuno) to the park. I had a bunch of leftover bread crust from a SonShine School project so we took that too. Our plan was to enjoy our lunch in the shade and then feed the ducks. Lunch was good, except we were joined by a plague of flies. Once lunch was over we headed to the duck pond. We could see all the ducks sitting on a platform in the water, not far from the shore. At first this seems great, we would be able to easily throw the bread out to entice the ducks. Unfortunately, the ducks could have cared less. We tried throwing the bread onto the platform (occasionally hitting a duck) and we tried throwing it into the water. The lazy ducks didn't even look at us! At least the fish nibble on the bread. Poor B, he stood on the shore saying things like, "Hey Ducks, we are going to feed you bread." "We are throwing you bread to eat."


Last night around 10:30 B asked me to make cookies. He wanted them right then. It took me a while to convince him that it would be better to wait until today to bake them. Well, first thing this morning he reminds me that I said I'd bake cookies today. He was a great helper. While scooping dough onto the cookie sheet he even said, "Mom, I am doing a GREAT job! That's what Grammy says."
No comments:
Post a Comment