Friday, October 19, 2007

Behind again....

Ok, I'm so far behind in my blogging! Today we went to the Orr Family Farm and had a great time. We got to pet sheep, goats, and a pig. Then we went on a hayride to pick a pumpkin at the pumpkin patch. Mase thought the pumpkins were balls. He would pick one up and hurl it as far as he possibly could. I was so glad that none of them busted! We got to learn about all different pumpkins, squash, and gourds and the highlight of B's visit, we rode a train around the farm. It was our 2nd train ride in a week! Last Sat. we took a trip to the Zoo with Dad and got to ride the train there too. We had a picnic lunch, tried to pose for some cute pictures, and came home. All the boys fell asleep in the car on the way home. Our friend Cole got to come with us.











Braden took a minute to relax during our picnic lunch.



























What was Mom thinking?! Giving Mase a cookie with a 1/4 inch of blue icing on top! He loved it though.






Happy Birthday Grammy! We went to 12 Oaks for dinner, a very nice, adult restaurant. They didn't even have a high chair for Mase. The food was great. I think the boys ate the most expensive chicken nuggets they've ever had. By the way, having a portable DVD player is the only way to dine in public with kids. At least the only way to dine at quiet fancy restaurants.














We got to go to the Zoo with Dad on Sat. We had a great time seeing all the animals and riding the train. B compared his hands to a Chimps. Mase's favorite animal is the alligator. I know, weird choice for a kid who has trouble spotting animals that don't move a lot. We watched the alligators be fed one night and since then he claps and squeals every time we get close to the exhibit. You can see him grabbing the fence from the stroller.




Happy 100th Birthday OK! We went to the Centennial Parade on Sunday. Grammy and Pap got there super early to save the best curb side seats. The floats were neat, but we all loved the giant balloons the best. We even got to watch them try to maneuver under the power lines strung across the street. B and Mase would clap every time a band went by. We were pleasantly surprised that Mase didn't try to wander off or join the parade.


















Thank you Grandpa Doug and Grandpa Becky for the Halloween surprise! B is wearing gloves while coloring in his new Cars book because he was working in the yard when the mail came. He was so excited to have mail and get to color that he forgot he was wearing the gloves!

Well, I am walking in The Race for the Cure tomorrow and I have to leave the house at 6:45am! I am off to bed, but I am now behind again on blogging. While I was writing this one, B colored with chalk on the drive way. He does this often, but this is the first time his drawing have resembled what he says he drew. Tonight he drew a train, snakes, police car, stop sign, and pumpkins. Here is a direct quote about the pumpkins on the porch. "And I drew a lot pumpkins on the porch. Isn't that aammmmaazzzing?" I'll try to post pics of the chalk art before they get washed away.





No comments: