Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas Tree Take 2

We put the Christmas tree up the Monday before Thanksgiving because I wanted it up before our company arrived. This happened the very next day:

I was upstairs putting sheets on the guest bed when I heard something break. Austin was downstairs in the kitchen so I figured he had it under control. I came down a few minutes later to find the Christmas tree laying on its side and 2 little boys looking a bit nervous. I calmly yelled at them to get to their rooms while I cleaned up. The front of the tree was completely flat, like the tree had run into a wall. Once the boys were crying in their rooms, I had a good laugh while I righted the tree, ribbon, ornaments, and star.
Surprisingly, only one ornament broke, and my parents will be replacing it for me on their upcoming trip to NYC.
The boys are now afraid to look at the tree (I wish). I did tell them that if the tree falls over again, I will put it away. I also might have mentioned something about Santa not being able to deliver toys to a house without a tree.

2 comments:

Summer said...

this is why I don't want to put up my trwee at all. They aren't safe for the children. I knoew I could come up with a reason...

Heather said...

I like how you said you "calmly yelled". too funny!
Glad your tree is back to normal and that hopefully Santa will be visiting your house this year!!