Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Dear Austin, (updated)

UPDATE: it is almost a full week since I posted this letter. I have yet to put away Christmas decor, clean the bathrooms, find homes for new toys, or pick up winter weather play clothes. I have managed to shower (most days) and today I finished the laundry that was started last Tuesday. However, the laundry is not put away (folded, but not put away). Such is life...
Happy New Year!

Dear Austin,
I'm sorry you have come home from work to chaos the past 2 day. I'm sure it is frustrating that the house is still cluttered with Christmas decor, boxes, and tissue paper. I know you love stepping over the mountain of winter weather play clothes when you come in the door. I have high hopes of all I will accomplish while you are away at work. For example, yesterday my list was: pay bills, do dishes, clean the bathrooms, put away Christmas, cook dinner. Regretfully, none of that happened. Today my list was: do dishes, clean the bathrooms, shower, bathe the kids, start laundry, put away Christmas, cook dinner. I'm happy to report I was able to shower, bathe the kids, and start laundry. Unfortunately, the rest of the list is lost under a pile of Legos. I have no excuse for welcoming you home to a messy house except the following:

Yesterday I bundled 4 children into snow gear,

built a snowman,

went for a walk to see an even bigger snowman,

made Mase's day by building his Lego police station,

and helped B work a 100 piece puzzle. Today I have

built a Lego fire boat,

built a train track using all the pieces,

and spent an hour and a half building a Lego helipad and helicopter. When I finished building the helicopter B told me, "You have more to do with Legos."

All this work is very exhausting, just ask Mase! He said, "Momma, I tired. I want to snuggle." The next time I looked up, this is what I found.
I promise that tomorrow I will put away Christmas, finish the laundry, do the dishes, shower, find a new home for all the new toys, clean the bathrooms, pay the bills, and cook dinner.
Your Loving Wife,
Mandy

4 comments:

Tessa said...

Sounds like you have your priorities right, Mandy. That other stuff will wait. You are a good inspiration of knowing what's really important.

Gena said...

You're a good mama.

REIchou said...

You're an awesome mom! I'm so proud of you :)

Lesley said...

you are a VERY good mama! That is what those boys will remember!! love you!