Friday, July 18, 2008

Mase and the FLOOD

So, Mase flooded the bathroom 2 days in a row. The first day I had a friend over and we were visiting. Thankfully I heard the water running and got to him before he flooded the whole bathroom, only half. Yesterday I set the boys up watching T.V. so I could put on make-up and get dressed. The next thing I know B comes running in saying, "Mom, Mase is flooding the bathroom!" Sure enough. He was sitting in the sink closest to the door with both hot and cold turned on full blast. He was using a toy hard hat to dump water onto the counter top and floor. It took bunch of towels to soak it up. There was water covering the entire bathroom floor and out into the hall down to the office door. Even after I sopped it all up if I would step on the floor water would seep out. When putting B to bed last night I thought his carpet felt damp. I just assumed water was spill, it happens. Well, it was still damp tonight and the room is smelling musty. Pulled the bed away from the wall, you guessed it the carpet is wet. The office closet is wet too. The walls are also damp about 3 inches up from the floor. We now have the contents of the office closet pulled out into the office and fans blowing on the carpet. A is too busy building a deck right now to re-floor the bathroom. So, any advice on keeping my walls from growing mold and my carpets from being musty?
Also, is there anyone willing to take a mischievous 2 year old and return him to us well disciplined around the age of 6?
Sorry to disappoint, but I didn't take pictures. I thought disciplining Mase and cleaning up were more vital then digitally preserving the flood.

2 comments:

DeeDee said...

fun times!

kj said...

this is a cute layout!!! did you make it?