Friday, July 24, 2009

I have the BEST friends!!

The children do this:
While the adults do this:
My GOOD friends Jeny and Brooke brought their kids over for our weekly play date on Wednesday. This week, instead of sitting on our rear-ends visiting for 3 hours, we painted Mase's room. We didn't make Jeny paint, but she is totally responsible for the the very cool curtains! All it cost me was supplies and Sonic drinks. Thanks girls, I love it!!
Yesterday I painted the bottom part of B's room. Today Brooke came over and helped me paint the stripes. B and I both LOVE the way it turned out!

We are in the process of picking a new paint color for our room as well. I am in love with the $4 sample paint at Home Depot. Currently, there are 7 colors of paint on the wall above our bed. Austin hated the 1st three that I brought home, so I went and got 3 more. He hated those 3 worse then the 1st go 'round. I went back one more time and got one last color, which turned out to be my favorite. We still haven't made any final decisions.

By the time I brought home color #7, I was out of wall space above the bed. The last, and my favorite, color is the one squeezed between two other colors. The color on the right used to be my favorite.
What a great way to spend our 10th anniversary, painting our oldest son's room! We are going to dinner and a movie tonight. We have a fun trip to Chicago planned for this fall to celebrate. We've now been together just as many years as we have been apart. CRAZY!

5 comments:

Jeanette said...

I like the "over all favorite" if you have lots of natural light in your room. And I also like the one in between your favorite and the over all favorite... in case you wanted to know!

jenn b said...

LOVE it!! The curtains are adorable and the stripes look perfect!!! Great work!

kj said...

okay i am a little freaked out by this post...first off we just painted our room a blue that looks almost like the 1st choice you like!

then...our 10 year anniversary is coming up and chicago is where i want us to go in the fall!!

weird!

Traci Nyberg said...

Awesome job on the kids' rooms. How cute!

Jeny said...

personally I like the existing boring beige that is now ruined! But, I am boring like that!