9 months ago
Friday, July 10, 2009
Should have kept the knobs off the stove...
Back in mid-June, Mase burned his hand on the stove. I had the knobs off of the stove for the longest time, but I had put them back on because I was hosting a party. You know, its nice to have everything in its place for a party, stove knobs included. Anyway, I didn't ever take them off again because Mase had stopped showing interest in the stove. One Saturday morning he turned a burner on, let it heat up, touched it, and turned it off. I'm not kidding, when Austin found him sitting on the stove the burner was turned off. There was some crying as well, but not anything like you'd expect. He mostly just whimpered for about an hour. He has perfect timing, this happened right after we got home from FL and right before my Grandma and Uncle passed away. What's life without a little drama all at one time? His hand healed nicely. He has two pink scars on his palm where the biggest blisters were. If you ask him to show you his hand he will say, "It still burring, Ma Eee (Mommy)".
He blistered his palm, his pinky and this thumb. No, we didn't take him to the ER or the doc. We just googled burn care. Basically we kept it from getting infected. I did let the doc look at it about a week later when I took B for his well child check-up. Doc said he'd be fine, but that he was lucky he didn't blister over any joints. That might have made his fingers curl up due to scarring. So, in the 3 years Mase has been alive, we've managed to stay clear of the ER! I think that is quiet a record.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I just can't believe that Oliver beat Mason to the ER. Unbelievable!
Post a Comment