Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My BABY turned 3!

When I first started thinking about a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse party I thought I'd make the cake myself. I thought, "How hard can using fondant actually be?" Then Brooke, my personal shopper, found this Mickey Mouse Clubhouse bank at the Disney Store. Perfect! I made a 9x13 cake, iced it green and stuck the bank on top. Mase LOVED it.
We just had a small party with my family, Brooke and her kids. Mase still got a ton of presents and had a great time.
He got 3 new water/sprinkler toys. We will be breaking those out in the next few days seeing as how the temp isn't supposed to dip below 100!!
I'd like to say that these past 3 years have flown by and it seems like yesterday that we were bringing him home from the hospital, but I can't. It's been a long 3 years. We've been through a lot with this little guy! We moved before he was 1, he's had tubes put in his ears twice, he's had surgery to remove his adenoids, and 2 rounds of allergy testing with a 3rd one scheduled for this fall. He has also climbed out of the backyard, burned his hand on the stove, wandered away from his class at SonShine School, dunked his head in the toilet, flooded the bathroom (twice), learned to completely undress, and painted murals with poop. There have been some very long days with this boy!
I am pleased to say that he is mellowing with age! He has just recently started talking in almost clear, complete sentences. Some things I love about this boy:
*he is self-reliant
*he calls me "Ma Eeee" (Mommy)
*he is thoughtful, "Here a firetru fo ew Ma Eee."
*he loves school and Bible class
*he keeps me from being too sentimental and has helped me look forward to (not dread) the day he goes to school!
*he keeps me on my toes and brings joy to our lives
We LOVE you, our Monkey Mase!

2 comments:

Lesley said...

don't ya just LOVE personal shoppers!! Happy Birthday Mase!

Ursula said...

I respect the way you parent that little man so much!