We are trying something new this year, raised vegetable gardens. We have 2 beds that are 2 ft. by 8ft. We are attempting to grow tomatoes, okra, green beans, zucchini, summer squash, bell peppers, and cantaloupe. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to keep the garden watered without over watering.


Veggies aren't the only things growing around here. B learned how to tie his shoes! He's been wanting to
acquire this skill for quite sometime. Read about that
HERE. When I picked him up from
Kindergarten on Wednesday, May 12
th* he said, "I tied my own shoe today." I was amazed. Austin and I have been showing him the
mechanics of shoe tying for a while, but we never just sit and practice. B said that his shoe came untied while they were sitting on the rug listening to the teacher. He just sat there and worked on tying it by himself, and he did it! Ever since then he
insists on wearing tennis shoes and he will not let anyone else tie them. It takes us a little longer to get out the door, but it's worth every second.
Mase was sitting on my lap during church on Mother's Day (May 9
th)* and when I looked down at his paper, he had written his name. I was very impressed even though his 'a' looked like an 'o' and his 's' was backwards. This is not something we've been working on at home. I figure either his
SonShine School teachers need a raise or his speech teacher is teaching more then sounds. I'm sure his
SonShine School teachers need a raise regardless of where he learned to write his name, we're taking about
Mase after all. ; )
*I'm sure the true dates that these events took place will be very important to me in the future. I'm sure of it, I think.
1 comment:
I want to do a raised garden one day. I am not a waterer so I'd have to set up a timer and a soaker hose! My goal is next year!! It may be when I'm 40 though...
Post a Comment