Saturday, May 1, 2010

A Quiet Relaxing Weekend

April 24th and 25th were jam packed with fun. We had 2 soccer games, B's birthday party, a half marathon, the Arts Festival, and Q Group.
For B's party we met at Fire Station #1 for a tour. It was great and the kids loved it. There were two rules, 1. if the lights start flashing meet in the parking lot and 2. be quiet and listen. The kids were so quiet the entire tour. I was amazed. We saw the kitchen, the dorm, the living room, and the trucks. We also saw a fire fighter all dressed for a fire. After the tour we walked to the park for cake and presents. The best part of the day was, it only rained on us a little bit.
I've been training with a group of friends for the Memorial half Marathon. We finished in under 3 hours (with a 10 minute potty break). This was the 10th anniversary for the marathon and it was packed. There were 23,000 participants (hence the lines at the bathrooms). While I won't claim to love running, I did enjoy training with this great group of girls.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

You are fabulous Mandy.

Lesley said...

love the pics!